Feeling chilly? Don’t jump straight for the thermostat dial. Instead, follow these hot tips to warm up and get cozy without making the planet pay the price.
- Snuggle into an extra layer and some thick socks.
- Embrace the oversized scarf fashion trend.
- Get your blood flowing by jumping up and down for a minute to warm yourself up.
- Embrace your inner-Brit and go for high tea.
- Book an energy audit with the Resort Municipality of Whistler to find out where to seal in your warmth.
- Consider closing your windows and curtains at night. Windows can leak about 25% of your home’s heat.
- Install window treatments to capture and retain heat in your home.
- Reverse your ceiling fan circulation to blast hot air down instead of sucking it up.
- If you must light a fire, make sure your wood is dry.
- Find a cuddle buddy.
Temperature variations are a natural part of life, and a fit and healthy body should be comfortable enough without excessive artificial heating or cooling.
These tips were transcribed from AWARE’s audio Eco-Tips. AWARE’s eco-tips were created to inspire and educate on the many ways in which we can each live a more environmentally conscious and sustainable life. Tune in to 101.5 Whistler FM or visit the below page to learn about all the choices you can make to be a better global citizen.Tune in for more Eco-Tips
Photos by Orlova Maria, Kira auf der Heide, Matthew Henry, Rosie Kerr on Unsplash
Post a comment