Read below for info on changes for 2022, testimonials, and when to sign up for the next season.
We got so much input this year from our gardeners:
What another great year for GROW, our greenhouse and garden program! We received tons of participation and feedback this season, and our gardeners gave us great ideas on how to improve the program for next year. Some of the needs/ideas we heard and will be working on:
- More resources and training to improve compost management, box maintenance, and the sites overall
- Providing more communication and access to resources, including for first-timers
- Offering more events to build community
- Facilitating easy ways to cut food waste (i.e. a food bank day)
We also heard love for the program:
There is nothing that tastes better than fresh produce harvested just before you eat it!”Greenhouse Gardener
What an interesting way to get in tune with what you eat, and understand the process happening on a much larger scale when you buy from a farm or grocery store. It feels sooo good to eat what you’ve grown. Indescribable.Greenhouse Gardener
The garden is such an incredible place to be in relationship with the earth, the community and myself. Tending to my plot has been an act of love for the earth and an act of self love, the healing and peace I experience while gardening is invaluable. Our family has benefited greatly from the food we grew this year and I had an abundance to donate to WCSS!Cheakamus Gardener
GROW Annual Registration Dates (Mark your Calendars!)
- February 15: Return gardener registration (2021 gardeners emailed sign up details) and AWARE member registration (AWARE members emailed sign up details – become a member here)
- Please note spaces are assigned in order of registration timestamp, and being on the waitlist doesn’t guarantee a spot.
- March 1: General registration (sign-up details available on this page).
- Please note: Program fills up so sign up early to avoid any disappointment.
Thank you all for your patience and dedication to GROW – we’re looking forward to coming back even stronger in 2022